USERS’ EXPECTATION DURING REQUIREMENTS TESTING PROCESS
Users can be seen as clients who would be using the program or software a developer produced. The user may have the operational skills of using the production tools and its environment (i.e. the program or software) after it has been developed but does not have the knowledge or skills for building or developing a product and so, would require the service of a developer to do so. Users help to determine if all the expectation of a software, applications including any website and all online tools are working and doing the right thing.
PROS AND CONS
Strengths of Users
* A user is a useful tool in helping the developer know if the program or software is working perfectly and also gather information on all that needs to be done to create a better product that gives users a more user-friendly experience, by so doing, helping the developer to review and make better their product better based on details gathered from users and also boosting their status as a specialized, reliable and experienced developer.
* Users have versatile knowledge on how to use applications and programs created by the developer, they know how to troubleshoot issues related to tools within the environment of the package, they also know when the issue is developer-related.
Weaknesses of Users
* Users do not have the required skills or specialization to have a package or software related issue resolved, if the software or package breaks down, they are unable to review or know where the issue is and so may be unable to communicate effectively what the main issue is.
* Users in most cases do not have formal language knowledge for describing the problems to the developer, which may cost the developer time to figure out, in turn affecting the user’s work functionality.
DEVELOPERS’ RESPONSIBILITY DURING THE REQUIREMENTS EXPECTATION PROCESS: PROS AND CONS
Developers are responsible for overseeing technical terms requirement, they create software to meet the requirement and needs of the users using quality skills such as mathematical, understanding of formal language, problem-solving, accuracy, patience, time conscious, and excellent structural skills among others; they are responsible for making updates to developed software, program or packages and also, make sure all errors are fixed timely to guarantee adequate user-experience; with all being said, developers do have both strong and weak areas. The developer is responsible for making sure that the software pass all the tests, fix all flaws encountered in all scenerios and has to keep working on the software until it finally pass the User Acceptance Test (UAT), it’s not always an easy task, as mentioned earlier, patience, dedication and support are required from the team involved.
Strengths of Developers
* With a knowledgeable developer, users have peace of mind and are rest assured that any issue they may come across is within the capacity of being resolved promptly and so they (the users) don’t have to worry about any breakdown or technical related issues in the usage of software; developers have a comprehensive understanding and are in acquaintance with different possible solutions.
* The developer from his knowledge and understanding can give the user advice or make recommendations on better tools to make work more enjoyable, time-saving, and user-friendly including security features for great protection.
Weaknesses of Developers
* Imbalance in developer-user communication as regards requirement or giving a detailed description of what is needed especially by a user with poor knowledge of technology, for example, may cause delay, errors, and even more, funds are expended than what is required. It may cause a delay in the sense that the good and knowledgeable developer may need to be in the work environment to study, including one-on-one interactions from a few to many days to catch up with a better understanding of what the user wants or needs to be done.
* Poor experience and low technical know-how on the developer’s side can lead to poor or bad user-experience, as a result of poor quality work done, and may not be completed in some cases, there is every possibility that the software or program would be impossible to upgrade or amended when an issue rises and so the user does not have any other choice, than looking else for a good client, who may recommend starting all over again.